No Pain Hygienist appointments with our new dental technology at Backwell Dental Care!
We now have the range topping EMS Airflow Prophylaxis Master Units in both of our hygienist surgeries to offer the latest technology in periodontal treatment for Teeth, Implants.
The method is called Guided Biofilm Technology or GBT
GBT is a game changer when it comes to hygienist treatment appointments. It is minimally invasive Pain free, Gentle and Safe.
GBT works for all dental patients.
- General recall hygienist appointments
- Patients with implants.
- Patients with orthodontic appliances
- Mild to severe periodontal patients (Gum disease)
- Denture wearers (cleans the denture as well as your remaining teeth)
Get in Touch Today
What is dental biofilm?
Biofilm is a group of microorganisms which stick together and adhere to the surface of the teeth and is more generally known as dental plaque. Many patients know that this biofilm includes bacteria, which is damaging to both gums and teeth. However, not everyone is aware that biofilm changes over time; immature biofilm is far less damaging than when it has been left on gum tissue and teeth for long periods and is the main etiological factor for caries, periodontal and peri-implant infections. Periodontitis can increase the risk of systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular and respiratory disease, arthritis or diabetes.
How is Perioflow used?
Initially, the biofilm is disclosed (stained) in the patient’s mouth to make it evident for both the patient and hygienist. The Perioflow is then used to remove the biofilm by spraying a jet of warm water and fine powder (Erythritol). It is non-abrasive to hard tissues and can also be used on the tongue, cheeks and gums. Perioflow, therefore, works well
most patients do not need their teeth to be polished following this treatment, and most report their teeth to feel smoother and cleaner and remain smoother for longer.
Why chose Perioflow?
There are many benefits to having Perioflow apart from helping you to maintain outstanding levels of oral hygiene such as
- GBT aims to both reduce the amount and stop the regrowth of dental biofilm
- It acts underneath gum tissues treating periodontal disease
- Around dental implants, bridges and orthodontic appliances (for children and adults) by clearing the biofilm in these areas and slowing down regrowth.
- Removes stains and calculus- so better than conventional polishing!
- Cleans dentures beautifully.
- It provides modern and effective biofilm management using a PAIN-FREE technique-no more worrying about visiting the hygienist!
- The ultra-fine powder used, ‘Erythritol’ is completely safe for adults and children.
There are 8 steps in GBT procedure during your hygienist visit.
Discuss treatment with you.
To highlight the areas where the biofilm needs removal.
3. Oral health education
You will be shown any areas that need particular attention.
This is warmed water and powder which gently removed biofilm and staining from your teeth.
This is warmed water and powder that cleans down into to deeper pockets around your teeth if necessary.
Warmed water and piezon technology to remove any remaining calculus from between your teeth.
See the results of your cleaned teeth.
At each appointment you will be guided by your hygienist and dentist as to when you should schedule your next appointment to maintain your healthy mouth.