prevention is better than cure.
It is extremely important to learn good dental care habits from a young age.
Although children’s dental health has improved enormously over the last 40 years most children have some dental disease by the time they reach adulthood. Our aim is that the children we care for will understand that good oral hygiene and diet are the basis for avoiding the traditional drilling and filling later in life.
Screening and monitoring is carried out by our highly trained and experienced dentists.
Our preventive program is then tailored to the individual child and applied by our qualified Oral Health Educators, Madeleine and Linda.
amongst the preventive tools we use are:
- Risk Assessment of children for susceptibility to dental disease.
- Fissure Sealing of teeth susceptible to certain common types of decay.
- Topical or Systemic Fluoride applications to strengthen teeth against decay.
- Early intervention – to minimize treatment required.
- Diet and Hygiene advice.
- Manufacture of effective, well fitting Sports Guards to protect the teeth during contact sports.
- Accurate and early diagnosis of necessity for Orthodontic treatment.